1) Send out change of address cards to friends and family.
2) Arrange with the Royal Mail for your post to be redirected to your new address.
3) If possible, contact utilities at your new address about getting connected.
4) Have your car serviced if you are driving.
5) Cancel any regular deliveries such as milk and newspapers.
6) If you take prescription medicines make sure you have enough for a couple of weeks, and take copies of the prescription.
7) Save up newspapers in the weeks running up to your move, to help pack breakables.
8) Pack small items within bigger items to save space.
9) Roll rugs inside each other to keep them clean and maximise available space.
10) Make a floor plan of your new home then decide on a system to differentiate rooms by name, number or coloured stickers. Label each box and be sure to give whoever is unloading the van the plan with rooms labelled so they know where to put each box.
11) As you pack each box make a note on it which room it came from with the room name, number or colour (depending on your system).
12) Make up a box of essential items, such as kettle, sugar, mugs, cleaning products, loo roll and candles (just in case).
13) If you are set to arrive in your new home in the evening you might need to organise an impromptu meal and bed (camping materials may come in handy).
14) Pack a bag with toothbrush and toothpaste, night clothes and a change of clothes for the following day.
15) Send children to stay with a friend or relative for the day while you are moving.
16) Don’t pack your passport and other essential paperwork!
WHAT TO PACK LAST
Here’s a list of the items you’ll be using on moving day—at your old place and your new place. Reserve a carton for these last-minute items, plus other things you’ll need immediately upon arrival at your new home.
New House/Flat Keys
Toiletries (soap, shampoo, razors, etc.)
Aspirin or pain reliever
Medications and eyeglasses
Box cutter or knife
Tape and dispenser
Extension cords, batteries
Basic cleaning supplies and paper towels
Coffee, Tea and Sugar
Disposable plates, cups and eating utensils
Plastic rubbish bags
Bedding and linens
Screwdriver and hammer
Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any further queries.
Reasons to Choose Us
Not cowboys, just honest no-nonsense professionals
Fast Interior Removals can help facilitate every facet of your move, whether you are moving locally, nationally or overseas. We handle all aspects of relocation tailoring our service to meet your individual needs